Posted by CF
on Jan 5, 2012 in Career and Work
| 0 comments
I am back in classes for my final term in this program. 4 months from now I will be DONE with school for the second time in my life.
There’s a few things to keep in mind if you are also graduating this year:
- Have you applied for graduation?
- Do you have enough credits to graduate?
- Is your resume up to date?
- Have you been preparing for interviews?
- Do you have a job lined up? If not, are you applying for jobs?
- Do you have a graduate position lined up? If not, are you applying for grad schools?
- Do you have 3-6 months of expenses in the bank in case you don’t get a job or grad position?
- Do your family and friends know that you will be looking for a job in 4 months?
Preparing to graduate involves a lot more than planning how you’re going to
burn sell your last few textbooks! I think I’ve taken care of most of the items on this list, though I unfortunately don’t have 3-6 months of emergency money in the bank.
If you’re one of the lucky ones graduating this May, have you checked your to-do list?